Monday, July 14, 2008

Baby in 4D

We had our 2nd check-up with our OB last Monday and I was pretty excited that we will be hearing the baby's heartbeat. What surprised me was OB told us that we will be going to the ultrasound center instead to check the baby's heartbeat. Apparently, the Doppler machine couldn't pick up the heartbeat up clearly. So we got to see Baby #2 on a TV monitor. The ultrasound was so clear we even saw him move and kick! We were ecstatic! Even Zoe was so excited to see her baby sibling. Heartbeat is at 159 bpm. Although we still do not know the gender this early (12 weeks), I told hubby baby sibling might be a girl because of the fast heartbeat. It is said that if the baby's heartbeat is above 140 bpm, then it's gonna be a girl. I'm not sure if there is some scientific evidence to this theory though.
I'm now into my second trimester. I feel less nausea now, although I did puke once but not so because of nausea but because of indigestion, I think. My tummy looks more bloated now. I can still pass as someone who's not preggy and others might still mistake me for someone who ate way too much, hehe.

1 comment:

shengmarie said...

I am like that when i was preggy, not so big the tummy is. At 8 months, i could still wear jeans, it just need to be baggy jeans. Happy pregnancy to you. I beg that i don't get more pregnancies, ever. Hhmmmm, the prices are soaring like crazy and my and hubby's pay are not coping. Ugh... I am so contented with 2. Thanks for visiting my blog.