Friday, July 25, 2008

Bloating

I survived my first trimester! I'm done and over with the nausea, fatigue, and moodiness brought about by hormones wreaking havoc, or so I thought. I've considered myself fortunate that despite my food aversions and that ugly, terrible feeling of nausea, I am not one who would keep on throwing up and emptying my tummy of much-needed food. Thus, it surprised me that as I entered my second trimester of pregnancy, I just had to puke, not so much because of nausea but because of that bloated, busog, feeling I would get everytime I'd eat more than my stomach can handle. I've always been a big eater and I keep my meals as controlled as can be, but it seems my tummy can only accomodate so little, haha. The sensation of fullness from overindulgence was horrifying that I had to literally force myself to throw up my food. I also have a hunch there must be some food I ate that my tummy just didn't like (we came from a luncheon with lots of dishes served). It was a relief to feel a little lighter after throwing up, though my face looked all puffy and red as my capillaries must have burst from all the force I made vomiting.
Now I take it easy on myself. I eat smaller portions and also eat in between meals. It's the best thing I can do to keep myself from being in that terrible situation again. I hope this won't last for the remaining months though. It would make me feel so deprived of food I so love to feast on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi tricia.
how's pregnancy going for you? :D
take care always.